To download support materials, please select your product from the list below. You will automatically be shown all downloads for that product, including extensions, brochures, sales presenters and technotes.
- 1. Select your section, category and chosen product.
- 2. Click on the Manual, brochure, sales presenter or technote of your choice.
- 3. Take careful note of any applicable instructions, especially for extensions.
- 4. Download the file to your hard drive.
- Knowledge Base
How to Enable Customer Login or Register Captcha in Magento 2Date Created: 23 May 2016Last Updated: 1 Apr 2020
Magento 2 has added a new layer of protection for the Customer Portal area. CAPTCHA, which is disabled by default, can be enabled from the Dashboard panel.
This feature can help blocking spam and bots from logging into your website and it will effectively increase the security of the store.
CAPTCHA can be configured from backend and you can arrange whether to force it to each login or limit the feature to pop up only after a few failed logins. CAPTCHA prerequisite can be enabled/disabled by the Administrator for the following forms:
- Create User
- Forgot Password
- Checkout as Guest
- Register During Checkout
- Contact Us
Configure a Storefront CAPTCHA
On the Admin panel, click Stores. In the Settings section, select Configuration.
- Select Customer Configuration under Customers in the panel on the left
- Expand the CAPTCHA section, and do the following
- Set Enable CAPTCHA on Frontend to “Yes.” You may have to uncheck Use System Value
- In the new form that appears, enter the name of the Font to be used for the CAPTCHA symbols.
- To add your own font, the font file must reside in the same directory as your Magento instance, and be declared in the config.xml file of the CAPTCHA module.
- Choose one of the following Forms where CAPTCHA is to be used. l Create User l Login l Forgot Password l Checkout as Guest l Register during Checkout
- Set Displaying Mode to one of the following: Always CAPTCHA is always required to access the selected form(s). After number of attempts to login Enter the number of login attempts before the CAPTCHA appears. A value of 0 (zero) is similar to “Always.” When selected, the number of unsuccessful login attempts appears. This option does not apply to the Forgot Password form, which always displays the CAPTCHA, if enabled,
- Enter the Number of Unsuccessful Attempts to Login before the CAPTCHA appears. If set to zero, the CAPTCHA is always used.
- In the CAPTCHA Timeout (minutes) field, enter the number of minutes before the CAPTCHA expires. When the CAPTCHA expires, the user must reload the page to generate a new CAPTCHA.
- Enter the Number of Symbols in the CAPTCHA, up to eight. For a variable number of symbols that change with each CAPTCHA, enter a range such as 5-8.
- In the Symbols Used in CAPTCHA field, specify the symbols that can be used in the CAPTCHA. Only letters (a-z and A-Z) and numbers (0-9) are allowed. The default set of characters does not include similar symbols such as I or 1. For best results, use symbols that users can readily identify.
- To require that the user enter the upper and lowercase characters exactly as shown set Case Sensitive to “Yes.”
- When complete, click Save Config.
- Support Enquiry
If you have a question or require technical support for a Magespacex hosting or extensions you have purchased, please fill out the form below and a member of our support team will contact you shortly.